A pill to stop ‘compulsive shopping’?! You’re kidding me!!! It’s called will power people! I get so tired of people wanting to pop a pill for everything, it’s a joke. If one wants to quit something, truly wants to stop a behavior, and I mean truly wants to quit – for themselves, not for anyone else, they will. Whether it’s overspending, overeating, smoking, drinking, whatever…if you want to quit you can and will, and a pill won’t change that….If you only want to quit something because you know you should but you don’t truly want to go ahead and fool yourself with a pill or therapy or whatever, but know – if you really wanted to stop said behavior you could, you would, and you wouldn’t need a pill to do it.
The mind is a powerful thing, use it!
Morning Rant brought to you by a story on GMA this morning…well they call it a story….
This Thursday’s Throwback is flashing us all the way back to 1967
((Okay…well the song was released in ’67, this performance is from ’72))
While I wasn’t around when this song was first released, I’ve spent many hours jamming out to the awesomeness of Traffic.
What’s YOUR Thursday Throwback? What blast from your past makes you smile? Think about it, blog about it, smile about, and don’t forget it!!
Don’t pray for things….pray for guidance, for strength, and give thanks for all you’ve been blessed with…everything down to the air in your lungs!
“When push comes to shove
you taste what you’re made of”
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you’re made of
You might bend till you break
Cause it’s all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand
Every time you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
I don’t wanna be anything other than what I’ve been tryin’ to be lately,
All I have to do is think of me and have peace of mind,
I’m tired of looking ’round rooms wonder what I gotta do,
Or who I’m supposed to be,
I don’t wanna be anything other than me!!!
–Great lyrics from Gavin DeGraw
REMEMBER — Love the life you live, Live the life you love
This week’s Writer’s Workshop just happened to ask about the last time you stayed in a hotel…The hubby and I JUST got back from a trip to visit family yesterday, and while we were away we stayed in a hotel…I can’t tell you much about the hotel…it was clean, relativly cheap, and near where we wanted to be, so instead I’m sharing my vacay in pics with you…but hey I was staying in a hotel while these pics were taken so it’s counts right…sort of at least
I used to stress over everything….Hell sometimes I still do…BUT one day it hit me…Not like in the movies when the lightbulb dings over someone’s head, but gradually, over time and through experience….stressing really doesn’t accomplish anything except for sleeplessness, anxiety, over eating, wrinkles, gray hairs….nothing good.
Before you stress ask yourself:
Does it accomplish anything?
Does it magically fix the situation?
Nope….so let’s scratch the stressing idea and replace it with just letting things happen…you’d think it’d be hard to do, but once you realize the stressing, the worrying, isn’t getting you anywhere it’s a much easier concept….
Don’t look at me like I’m a crazy carefree hippie chick with the easy life….I know someone out there has to have had that thought cross their mind…it’s okay lol….I have things that stress me out, that frustrate and/or worry me…more than some / less than others…but this isn’t about having a pissing match, it’s about realizing that while stresses occur if it’s something that’s beyond our control we can’t worry ourselves sick over it.
Why do it to yourself??? Seriously??? Life’s too short!! If you have a problem / an issue / a stressor and it’s something you can fix, do it!!! If not, pray about it, or mediate about it, or just let it be, but don’t worry yourself sick over something you can’t control, instead enjoy all life’s thrown your way
REMEMBER::::You only have 30,000 mornings!! Don’t waste any of them stressing!
Happy Birthday To Me!! A few months early…Okay so it’s not my birthday, it’s the Birthday MeMe and I’ve been tagged by MommasTime…
On My Birthday
When is you birthday? September 1
Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them.
- Edgar Rice Burroughs – DOB 9/1/1875 – Sci-Fi Author – think Tarzan, the Mars Saga (You know that new movie John Carter that’s about to release? It’s based on his woks), the list goes on and on…. I also know that without him writing his Tarzan series almost 100 years ago, my kids wouldn’t have this movie…and in turn I’d have a lot less sanity
- Dr. Phil – DOB 9/1/1950 – TV doctor…I’m using the term ‘doctor’ loosely
- Scott Speedman – DOB 9/1/1975 – Remember that guy on Felicity?? Yup, this is him…turns out he’s done a lot of acting, but I remember him as Ben on Felicity
Is anyone listed as being born on the same day as you (ie the same year)? If so, what do you know about them?
It doesn’t appear so….
List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them.
- Marin Mersenne – DOD 9/1/1648 – He was famous mathematician, theologian, and philosopher, a music theorist, and had also been referred to as “the father of acoustics”… and in the early part of the 1600’s he was “the center of the world of mathematics and science”
- William Clark – DOD 9/1/1838 – He’s the Clark in Lewis & Clark. In addition to that he served as Governor of the Missouri Territory and then in 1822 (until his death in 1838) he served as Superintendent of Indian Affairs
- Louis XIV of France – DOD 9/1/1715 – What do you want to know about him….I’ll give the cliff notes version – Ruled France for over 72 years, longer than any other ruler in European History, moved into Palace of Versailles, which is where I learned of him…well where I learned more than he was just a French Ruler…I could keep going but if you’re interested just click here and check out his wiki
List three notable events that took place on your birthday.
- The first cycle of the Byzantine Calendar, believed to be the beginning of all time, took place September 1, 5509 BC to August 31, 5508 BC….I’d say the dawning of time is a pretty significant event…right ;P
- The Liberty Bell was delivered to Philadelphia on 9/1/1752
- Nazi Germany attacked/invaded Poland on 9/1/1939, brining WWII to Europe
Last Up – Tag five more people…Hmmm…who to harass today?? I’m still working on this part… but if you want to play too (Come on I can’t be the only one who LOVES link ups like these…) just yell and I’ll add your link!
Be sure to stop by and
blogstalk check out everyone who’s joining in!!
LovingMyMommyLife @ Operation Mommyhood